The Irmo Police Department was founded in 1899 with a mission to enhance the quality of life within the Town of Irmo by working cooperatively with the public and within the framework of the United States Constitution to preserve peace and provide for a safe environment for all persons.
Today, we at the Irmo Police Department are actively involved in the community by not only responding to calls for service and crime prevention but by also encouraging productive communication with the residents of the town and surrounding communities. We proudly hold “Coffee with a Cop” events at local coffee shops where the citizens, just like you, can meet with your police force and engage in conversations on what is going on around our great town. Ideas and solutions are spread during these productive events.
Some of the other events we are involved in around town include:
- The Irmo Okra Strut
- Property Checks / Directed Patrols
- Car Displays
- Ride Along’s
- Police Reserve and Police Explorer Programs
- Serving our Seniors
- Lunch with kids at local schools
- The Living Christmas Story
- Business Emergency Contact Lists
- Fan / Fire Alarms for families in need
- Vehicle Lock outs
- Assist with disabled vehicles